Garage Door

Either live with it or replace it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I just got through painting my garage door today. And I noticed that the rubber seal on the outside of the door has yellowed. I didn't paint it because I was using latex weatherproof paint. I painted it the same color it was, white. The yellow seal, that was white, makes the door look bad. What can I do about it? The seal is still in perfect shape so I don't want to replace it. And it was washed with a Clorox solution recently. Thanks! Donna

Reply to
dyork

Hi, I had both sides seals replaced which cost ~100.00. You don't have to look at them and notice it every day, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

When you paint a door, the trim looks bad so you paint it. Then the wall looks bad so you paint that too. And so on... I painted my garage door rubber seal 10+ years ago, using the same latex outdoor paint as I used to paint the garage door and it still looks good. I only painted the part that shows when the door is closed. Used Benjamin Moore primer and exterior paint with mildewcide added.

Reply to
Phisherman