gap filling methods

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but would probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be sealed when finished.

Reply to
Tracey

Wood glue and oatmeal?

Some organism is going to eat it.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yep. Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Reply to
philo

Sounds like what they use to seal the connections in a still!

Reply to
Art Todesco

Ha!!!

I just remembered that when we were kids we always made those salt maps.

Possibly if the oats were mixed with a lot of salt...the stuff would not be subject to organisms

Reply to
philo