Galvanized to PVC Connection

Would like to know if it is possible to connect a 3/4" galvanized conduit to at 3/4" PVC conduit. I need to run power under my lawn in the backyard from the power panel to my pool pump. I want to use a galvanized conduit from the power box on the back of my house down to the ground then connect it to a PVC conduit under the lawn to the pump house.

Is this type of conduit (galvanized to PVC) connection a code violation? should I just run PVC the entire way to the power panel? Is there a recommended way to connect these two different types of conduit? Thanks.

Reply to
996desmo

It is permissible to do this. You would use a female adapter to changeover from gal to PVC. You will need to pull a grounding conductor in the conduit. Also the galvanized must be grounded, but if you are connecting it to a grounded metal box you are covered.

Reply to
John Grabowski

To make it a bit clearer. When going from PVC to Galv always use a male PVC adapter to female Galv. Not all that important on electrical runs but pressurized systems...

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K