Galvanized stell pipe

My house was built in the 1950's and it has galvanized steel pipe inside the walls and foundation and the past year i have noticed VERY BAD AND SLOW draining the worst its ever been and i was wondering what is the way to go about trying to fix the problem
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Galvanized should never be used for drain and waste lines (although I've run into a lot in that era that was, too).
You're only real cure is to replace it.
✖

Iron pipe will eventually corrode and clog. It has to be replaced. There is no way to clean out the insides of it. A snake may get you some temporary relief, but it does not fix the real problem.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 21, 11:06 am, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Galvanised pipe is not normally used for drain lines. Cast iron or plastic is all I have seen in my long years. Cast does not corrode over a normal lifetime of a house but may build up blockages. If they are are cast iron, a rotorooter may be able to clear them. If they indeed are galvanised, your only choice is replacement as they do corrode.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖