Galvanised nails with the NEW pressure treated wood????

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in part connection with another (deck building) thread :
Quote; "Also, since you're not supposed to use galvanized nails with the PT put out now. I don't believe it would be wise to depend on anything".
Could someone please expand/explain that comment; first I've heard of it!
Posting this a separate/new thread to avoid cluttering the deck building question/discussion.
TIA for any comments/info. Terry

See, for example, the Fine Home Building article available at: <http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/articles/new-pressure-treated-wood-decks.aspx The third section addresses the corrosive of the "new" PT.
Cheers, Wayne
terry wrote:

You can use galvanized nails with the new PT. They must be double dipped hot galvanized, however. You cannot use the electroplated galvanized. Most fasteners that qualify for PT are clearly marked as: "Suitable for use with ACQ".
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Better, anodized screws.
Robert Allison wrote:

except decorative purposes. I was helping a friend and some boxes of nails got wet during a rainstorm. A few days later there was an incredible amount of rust on them.