Gaggenau Gas Stovetop ignition problem

I recently cleaned my VG-223-8, and now the ignition fires every few minutes, just once, but by itself without depressing the knob. What could be the problem?
Brian
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Brian) wrote in message

Hi,
Might have got some water/moisture in the switchs or on the electrodes that is temporarily shorting/firing the spark ignition....might want to remove the power and let it dry out or *carefully* use a hair dryer to dry out those areas to see if the sparking will stop.
Hopefully the spark module is not damaged from water/cleaning fluid getting into it.