Gaggenau Gas Stovetop ignition problem

I recently cleaned my VG-223-8, and now the ignition fires every few minutes, just once, but by itself without depressing the knob. What could be the problem?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Hi,

Might have got some water/moisture in the switchs or on the electrodes that is temporarily shorting/firing the spark ignition....might want to remove the power and let it dry out or *carefully* use a hair dryer to dry out those areas to see if the sparking will stop.

Hopefully the spark module is not damaged from water/cleaning fluid getting into it.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff