GAF 30, 40 Timberline or GAF Slateline?

I have a quote to put in GAF 30 year shingles. I asked for costs to upgrade to the 40 year which will add 550.00, and the to Slateline will add 810.00 to the original price. I'm wondering if anyone has the Slateline and how it looks on a real house. I talked to someone who said the slateline doesn't look as good in person as it does in the pictures. I'm also wondering if the 40 year timberline really looks any better than the 30 year.
Fred
Fred Smith wrote:

seems that they only have 40 year Timberline now. Slightly more money but looks to be the same shingle. They just upgraded the warrenty to 40.