Gadget for detecting water leaks

Hi,

I once saw a home inspector using a small hand held gadget to detect if there is a water leak (or excessive moisture) behind the drywall of a finished basement. Does anybody know the name of that device, is it reliable to use and is it expensive to purchase ?

I have a newly finished basement and I want one to monitor what's going on behind the walls.

Reply to
JW