Gable or Roof Mount Attic Fan?

I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question that's probably been asked in this newsgroup before:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan versus a roof mounted one?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

We're too lazy to answer...
Get a ridgevent instead.

This is Turtle.
Looks is just about all the difference. You don't see the gable mount at all but the roof mount you will see it.
TURTLE
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Personally I would try to provide passive (no motor) ventilation if at all possible in most areas. There are some areas and constructions where this will not work well however. In that case either gable or roof works well, sometimes one or the other may be easier to put in but that depends on your construction.
Be sure to have sufficient inlets and sufficient capacity for your roof area. No undersized system is any good.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Gable, it you don't have to cut a hole in the roof don't!!!!
I'll keep it stupid simple
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX