Gable Dormer Design Principles - Where to find?

I'm adding a third story to a two story row house. The third floor will be a mansard roof so I'll be putting in two gable dormers. Other than walking around and looking at other houses in the area, are they any other resources (books or websites) that I could use as a guide in my dormer design?
The house is located in the Annex of Toronto and was built in 1884.
Thanks in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=dormer+roof+design+mansard
On 25 May 2006 13:07:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you mean what should they look like, or how to build them once you've decided what they look like?