G.E. ice maker question

Hi, I have a GE side by side with ice/water through the door (gss25sgmc bs) on which the ice maker works beautifully but I can't get the ice dispenser to dispense. I took the tray out and powered the solenoid and auger motor, both work fine, but pushing the buttons does nothing, and I can't even figure out how to get at the switches to check them. Anybody have any experience with these? thanks Eric
My experience with GE is that they are going electronic for many things. Which makes it nearly impossible for techs to service, unless the tech has GE training an a van full of parts. Wish I had better news.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.