G clamp or C clamp?

Page 8 of 8

Wouldn't it be a G-cramp in the UK?
cramp kramp/ noun noun: cramp; plural noun: cramps
1. a painful, involuntary contraction of a muscle or muscles, typically caused by fatigue or strain. "he suffered severe cramps in his foot" synonyms:    muscle/muscular spasm, pain, shooting pain, pang, stitch; hyperkinesis "stomach cramps" North American abdominal pain caused by menstruation. 2. a tool, typically shaped like a capital G, for clamping two objects together for gluing or other work. a metal bar with bent ends for holding masonry together. noun: cramp-iron

[crosses legs] I don't wish to imagine how that could happen or how much it would hurt.

I see cramp and clamp as two seperate ideas. Clamp means thing A is holding thing B together. Cramp means thing A has jammed up.
--
I limit my Political Correctness to voting.

On 2016-Jul-14 23:03, Scott Lurndal wrote:

See also crampon, the climber's tool.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Or tampon.... no that doesn't fit.
--
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
I've always called this a G clamp in the UK, do Americans all say C clamp? Or is there a subtle difference in the shape?
http://www.accordbenchvices.com/gclamp-cclamp.html
You mean you don't know!!! "G" clamp is Female and "C" clamp is male
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:02:17 PM UTC-5, Tony944 wrote:

I would think the *extra* part on the G would denote male. (C being minus the thingis)

I've only ever heard those called C-clamps here in the US.

--
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry -- or anything else.

Because one of us has to be wrong.
--
If the Pope goes #2, does that make it "Holy Shit"?

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 4:53:28 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:

C-clamps, G-clamps, F-clamps
What letter shall we assign to these?
http://www.leevalley.com/us/images/item/woodworking/clamps/13f0206s1.jpg