FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall

http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters.php?action=display&letterIDV5
Perce

re: Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers
I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?
I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it got hot enough to become a fire hazard.
Thoughts?

re: Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers
I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?
I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it got hot enough to become a fire hazard.
Thoughts?
Wearing Gloves...............

perhaps it overheats while OFF,when a battery is left mounted.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik