FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

re: Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers

I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?

I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it got hot enough to become a fire hazard.

Thoughts?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

re: Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers

I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?

I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it got hot enough to become a fire hazard.

Thoughts?

Wearing Gloves...............

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:D0e4k.6485$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

perhaps it overheats while OFF,when a battery is left mounted.

Reply to
Jim Yanik