Fuses in box get hot when using Kenmore Electric Dryer (only on heat cycle)

Page 4 of 4

Hmm, OK, I will keep that in mind. Maybe after the fuse box is replaced the increase with heat will be equal on both legs.
Cheers, Jim
Jim2009 wrote:

Bummer. But they'll be back in stock eventually. When the are, get the $10 model and compare readings with the $50 unit.
You can then make a determination as to which represents the best value and return the other.

Their computer shows they have 3 in stock but no one could find them. Not sure how their stock system works, but they may not get more in until the inventory is low enough. I think I will call and talk with a manager.
They had another tester for $20 but I was not sure if it would work. It read something like "AC voltage range: 200-750; AC amps: 20-200-1000A". I wanted to see "0-200-750" and "0-20-200-1000A". Thinking back I guess I should have looked at the dial longer at that would have told me more. I guess I was just too pissed that they could not find the one I wanted. Is it a given that all digital meters will start reading from 0?
This might be the one I saw: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber652
Cheers, Jim

0-1000 amps - EXACTLY what you are looking for.

You've pretty much determined that the problem is in the fuse box. Just replace it with a breaker and be done with it.

hi your problem seems to be strange