Furniture Refinishing help

Hi all, I am trying to refinish two end tables. The problem I'm having is after the satin Polyurethane dries I'm left with brushstrokes and a few bubbles. How do I get a smooth bubble free finished surface? Should I be using something other than Poly? Thanks for your help
use a spray can very lightly keep the can moving.
Wayne

Haas wrote:

It is not impossible to get a perfect finish with a brush but it sure isn't easy. Not without rubbing it out. Depending on how much has to be removed to make it flat and smooth, 220-240A paper or 400-600 wet paper initially. After those, 0000 steel wool. After that (if you want more gloss) Johnson's paste wax.
That's an easy way to rub out a surface. The more traditional way involves felt pads, pumice in various grades and rotten stone.
-- dadiOH _____________________________
Haas wrote:

I find poly difficult to work with. That said, a steady hand moving slow to avoid bobbles to begin with helps a lot. You need to slowly stir to avoid making bobbles, load the brush properly and keep it even. A lot of it is just learning the right touch. I need to relearn it every time I do it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Also, a really GOOD brush will help immensely. Forget about those throwaway foam things.

mark wrote:

I guess I should have noted that. Yes, a really good brush is necessary.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

use the foam pad applicator instead of the brush. never shake the can but gently stir it as you go. should take care of both