Furnace vents

I have just a basic question about the vents for my gas furnace.

There is one large vent that leads directly to the furnace main ducting - its located on the floor and is probably about 18" x 30". What is the vent, is it a return vent, a heater vent, or something else?

Reply to
Eigenvector

Hi, Vent is where combustion gas goes(chimney). Duct is where hot air and return air moves in/out of furnace. Also newer ones have fresh air intake.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Likely the return duct. Turn on the fan and see if air is going in or coming out.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan