Furnace shut down

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas valve?
maybe. maybe search google.com for specifications on gas valve of your model to see what is needed. maybe replace the sensor.
or dealer info at http://www.rheemac.com/index.asp
good answers to similar questions at: http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/living/home/home_improvement/ask_expert_front.htm?forumId 69&mode=display&action=&type=list&pageNo=1

It could be many things. Why not call your local licensed professional HVAC dealer and have him look at it before it quits on a weekend, you freeze your ass off and you pay through the nose for an overtime service call? Bubba
Bubba < wrote:

Hi, Can't fetch trouble code when it acts up? Tony

Ya know...I was just thinking the same thing, and the phone rang..I just sent a guy out to look at a commercial job that we had looked at a month ago, and once they found out what was wrong, they paid for the service call, and said their guy could do it..
Obviously...he didnt....got an entire shipping department shut down right now.....its 11pm.....ouch.
I don't thinl I'll be freezing my ass off where I llive!ame.com>> wrote:

Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )
I worked on such a problem this year. After a new flame sensor, the next step was to replace the circuit board. That did the job, now the furnace works.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.