Furnace running at high for a long time

I recently got a Bryant Evolution 90i system. In the thermostat I set my temperature at night to be 64 F and in the morning 7 am to be 68 F. Furnace start around 5:30 at low heat until it reaches 66 F by about 6 am. Then after that furnace stat to run at high heat and high blower speed about an hour until the house temperate reaches 68 F (which is the set point). Is this the normal behavior? I thought the energy efficient units should figure it our how long does it take to reach a set point and the furnace should run at slower speed and low heat as much time as possible.

Reply to
jayrohan