furnace room vent location

My gas furnace and hot water heater are enclosed in a room about 8'x8' in my basement. I want to move the combustion air vent (not the air intake vent) from its current location to an opposite wall so it will be far away from my workshop where I generate sawdust. The new location will put the vent within 2' of the furnace, whereas now it's about 5' away and behind the water heater.
The new location is on a wall in the kids playroom, so I'd like to put the vent near the ceiling instead of the floor. Are there any code rules about where this vent needs to be?
Thanks Michael
"Michael Press"

There are actually a lot of rules for combustion air. Go figure.
www.codecheck.com actually used to have combustion air as a sample page to one of their books. Doesn't seem that way anymore.
If the playroom has a door and/or is a smaller room, you'll probably have a problem.
Probably about a dozen other things to consider as well. The book is cheap. Sometimes localities add and subtract rules from the nationally accepted codes - but if you are not getting inspected, the codecheck book is unlikely to stear you toward an unsafe situation.
- Nate

No, the playroom is fairly large (about 12'x20') and open to a stairwell and another room.
Thanks for the link to the codecheck book. Looks like just the reference I need.
Michael