Furnace preventive maintenance

I have a Bryant Plus 90 high efficient gas furnace that is 4 years old. I change the air filter every 30 days. I keep getting mailing from area heating companies to do furnace preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning. What questions should I ask about the heating company, to make sure I am getting a knowledgeable person to do the PM? What will they do for this type of PM? How do I know if I am getting a repair person that is trained in the latest technology of my furnace. Any way to check? Thanks
I would suggest starting by asking neighbors, friends, family and co-workers for their personal experience with HVAC professionals. Knowledge is one thing, but that does not guarantee honest service.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Couple of comments:
Handyman on radio said gas furnaces should be serviced every few years - think he said anywhere from 3-7. Oil furnaces should be serviced annually. Ask neighbors who they use. We have a full service company for our oil burner with annual contract.
Also saw in a magazine today that there was a class action settlement on high efficiency gas furnaces. You may wish to inquire about it.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000300090704090101070900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Frank wrote:

If oil furnaces are not properly adjusted they will soot up in the heat Exchanger. A proper cleaning job requires the proper sized brushes & VAC hoses: http://www.udarrell.com/oil_furnace_heat_exchanger.html udarrell
--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT