Furnace preventive maintenance

I have a Bryant Plus 90 high efficient gas furnace that is 4 years old. I change the air filter every 30 days. I keep getting mailing from area heating companies to do furnace preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning. What questions should I ask about the heating company, to make sure I am getting a knowledgeable person to do the PM? What will they do for this type of PM? How do I know if I am getting a repair person that is trained in the latest technology of my furnace. Any way to check? Thanks

Reply to
adlerpaul

I would suggest starting by asking neighbors, friends, family and co-workers for their personal experience with HVAC professionals. Knowledge is one thing, but that does not guarantee honest service.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Couple of comments:

Handyman on radio said gas furnaces should be serviced every few years - think he said anywhere from 3-7. Oil furnaces should be serviced annually. Ask neighbors who they use. We have a full service company for our oil burner with annual contract.

Also saw in a magazine today that there was a class action settlement on high efficiency gas furnaces. You may wish to inquire about it.

Reply to
Frank

If oil furnaces are not properly adjusted they will soot up in the heat Exchanger. A proper cleaning job requires the proper sized brushes & VAC hoses:

udarrell