Furnace metal-on-metal noise

Furnace has taken to "chirping" -- sound of two pieces of metal rubbing against each other. Traced to one (?) of the removable door panels (*probably* rubbing on the OTHER door panel!).
As this panel covers the combustion area, flame is nearby. Heat is to be expected!
My initial thought (when I thought it was the *blower* area door) was to put some self-adhesive "felt" on one of the offending surfaces (the "fuzzy" half of some velcro). But, not too eager to try that with the presence of flame.
Any other suggestions?
I'll pull the blower out this weekend and check to see if it's got a balance problem (bad bushing/bearing?) leading to any possible increase in vibration (nothing obvious).
On 1/14/2016 4:24 PM, Don Y wrote:

Most blower doors don't take much heat. The fuzzy felt or some kidn of rubber should be okay for a while. Until the glue dries and the fuzzy falls off. But that won't be for a while.
Checking the blower is a good idea. They do get dirty and tend to vibrate.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 4:24:08 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

I would think some electrical tape or similar would work too. With that on the edge of the metal door/cover, I wouldn't be worried about fire. When the door is in place, no flame should be anywhere near it and it's sandwiched between the metal of the door and cabinet, not exposed, when it's installed.
On 1/18/2016 10:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Like you say, the fire should be no where near the door edge. I'd be happy to sticky felt, or several layers of electic tape.
One time (80 percenter Miller furnace in my old trailer) the furnace started to squeal badly in the middle of the night. Blower motor bearings dried out. I was able to get the blower out, and put some oil in. That was memorable. Hint: Mark the blower housing location with marker before removing the bolts. So much easier to put back together.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 9:14:55 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:

My choice would be the fuzzy side of self-adhesive backed Velcro.
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 11:58:40 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

If this is just a minor noise, my advise would be to leave it alone until warmer weather. If it ain't broke....
In the middle of winter, the last thing you want to do is break something that didn't need fixing M

It's a *door* rubbing on the frame (or the other door). Not much that can get busted trying to silence that!

Would a couple self sticking magnets do any good?

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:09:50 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"

On steel ALL magnets are self sticking - - -

Can't argue with that. My thought was it might be good if they stayed put when the door was removed from the furnace. A little advantage one way or the other might be a good thing.

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:59:44 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"

I'd just throw a hard drive magnet at it - or 2. One on each side of the door, bridging the gap to the furnace body. But then again, I have about 125 of them stuck to my furnace duct (just a good place to store them)
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 8:09:59 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote: