Furnace help!!!!

My furnace which is a ComfortMaker RPJ II is not working. The dummy light is a continuous flash which states that the "flame is sensed but there is no call for heat". Anyone have any suggestions? What is weird is that when i shut of the breaker for the furnace and turn it back on the furnace sounds like it wants to start and then it goes off after a few seconds.....Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Adam

CAll a licenced company with insurance to come repair it.

Thats not weird, thats to keep you from mucking up..its called a hard lockout, and if you will simply allow it to stay off, get a tech out, he can actually tell what is happening. When they hard lock, they hard lock for a reason...and its NOT to keep trying to get it to fire.

Altho, with those old Carrier boards, we already know.

Reply to
steve

You can try cleaning the thermocouple. That's the part the pilot flame plays on. If it doesn't work try replacing it. Its easy enough to do and its sure a lot cheaper than calling a service guy. That's usually the cause of the problem you described. Even if that's not the cause you still have a brand new thermocouple installed that will last you a lot longer than the old one.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

And if his furnace doesn't have a t-couple? What does he do then?

His furnace is one that has electronic ignition, not a standing pilot.

Reply to
HeatMan

Except that furnace has no thermocouple, nor standing pilot... Now what do you do? LOL

Reply to
steve

Ok I missed that. I have experience only with my gas furnace and its a very simple installation to troubleshoot and fix short of having to replace the whole unit.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Think so huh? Ok...whatever. I guess you invested in the proper tools that cost over $9000 to have handy when something fails....

BTW...no one said to replace the furnace....but you read what you wanna read.

Reply to
steve