Furnace fan question

We have a heat pump (new) that has the typical thermostat with - heat off cool , plus a switch for the fan - auto and on. Well... I turned the fan on just for the hell of it and when I put it back on auto it wouldn't shut off.. Turning the heat or air on didn't help either. When I turned the breaker off and then back on it was OK. Any idea on what could be going on?
D. Haas
A relay stuck.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

There may be more than one relay involved. Without a schematic I would not have much of an idea where to tell you to go.
BTW my standard test method for stuck relays is a couple of knocks with the handle of a screwdriver.
CBHvac may have some more specific ideas. He works with this stuff. I can only offer advice based on personal experience and a little knowledge of how the thing works.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Yea...if its a Goodman, the fan relay is toast, as is most of them. Janitrol, same thing.
If its any other brand, it could very well be a bad relay, or the stat contacts are toast..particularly if its a Hunter or other cheapie stat.