Furnace Fan

My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I am wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C? I heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and has an exhaust blower as well.
Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months. Deciding between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay inside the furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
Generally, the higher blower speeds are for A/C and the slower ones for heating.
duct switchSwitch,Duct Pressure Duct Pressure Switch, 24/115/230/277 VAC Grainger Item # 5C968
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemId11779033&ccitem
buffalobill wrote:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemId11779033&ccitem=
Thats nice, and certainly worth consideration.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

3 speeds is old news....been used for years....now 4, or 5 are common, and with VS units, of course, 16 or more.
Its NOT to get more air into the home..its so that you can during installation, to overcome or to reach the proper static pressure to maintain proper operation of the unit.
Normally two speeds are used....the higher of the two for cooling, the lower for heating.

Ummm...why? If you do that, there is a possibility of effecting your heat rise in a negative manner.

CBHVAC wrote:

because my bedroom is cold because it has large glass window and all the heat exist through it. During summer it stays cool if I keep furnace fan on 24/7.
--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert

Was the window added AFTER the unit was installed?
If not, either way, normally what you have in a case like that is a duct issue, NOT a blower issue. Either you are undersized on the supply, or simply required more than one for the room, or its one of the rooms farthest from the furnace. In that case, a simple bit of balance to the system might work wonders for you.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:01:03 -0500, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"

Where I used to live we had a 3 speed fan, installed in the 1960's. I moved the jumper to medium and that worked the best.
As for your wiring, do which ever is cheapest. Both will work. Unless its a real long run, probably running 120v is the cheapest, since that thinner LV wire is about the same price as 12-2 romex. Of course this also depends on what you have to run the cable thru too.