furnace blows cold air

Fuck off boob, you don't know shit, which you have proven time and time again.

Reply to
Al Moran

Gosh, Bob, you're right!

mm

Thanks Bob. I believe that for this particular control unit, the igniter doubles as a flame sensor. I'm thinking that once it's depowered, the control measures the igniter's resistance to detect flame.

What I haven't been able to confirm yet are the following:

- does the control (the white-rodgers 50A50-206) monitor the igniter to see if it's working before opening the gas valve (this would seem to be the safer approach), and if so, what method is used (I can think of two: 1) monitor the current while the igniter is being powered, or 2) wait a fixed time for the igniter to glow, then depower it and measure resistance (either by applying a lower fixed voltage and measuring current, or by driving a fixed current and measuring voltage)

and

- if the control does indeed monitor the igniter, it's odd that there is no LED fault code for that, as there is for the vent prove switch, the flame sensor, and the thermal overlimit sensor.

If anyone reading the thread has documentation for the white-rodgers

50A50-206 and would be willing to share it, it would be appreciated.

EJ

Reply to
Ether Jones

Thanks Bob. That certainly makes sense, and seems like a very safe control strategy for a unit with separate igniter and flame sensor.

But I believe for this particular unit, the igniter doubles as a flame sensor. I was wondering what control strategy they use to achieve that (I can think of a couple, but was wondering how the 50A50-206 actually does it).

EJ

Reply to
Ether Jones

I missed this. You repeat to others what people you don't respect say. Is this so others won't respect you too?

Very angry!

mm