furnace blower motor

I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is making a high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean. There is no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise? Do I need a new blower motor??
Thanks.
Joe O'Connell
probably .
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:31:56 -0700, joe_oconnell wrote:

How old? Sure it's the motor?

Hard to say without hearing it or feeling it. Could be the motor bearings are starting to go. If you feel vibration, that is a pretty sure sign of it going. Some larger motors are able to be rebuilt, others are throw aways.
You may find a replacement at www.grainger.com or a local motor shop.
Could be needs oil, dirt on the blower, loose mounting bolts, or any of a bunch of problems. Yeah,I know. You didn't see an oil hole. But, maybe a pro knows where to look.
Time to call a service company.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Jun 27, 4:31 pm, joe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It's possible, even likely. Check with the furnace guru at www.arnoldservice.com. They sould have the answers and the parts. Good luck.
Joe
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:12:58 -0700, Joe wrote:

Shame on you.