furnace blower goes off and on irratically

I have a oil forced hot air furnace and the blower motor when the furnace shuts down the blower motor will go on for a few seconds then shut off then go on for a few more seconds then shut off and continues to do this for a few minutes then stop and when the furnace kicks on it will do it again but stay on longer each time till it stays on till the end and then all over again. This will do this not all the time but more then it should and is annoying..Any help???? Thanks....Dave

It seems that your blower control switch, the OFF, is adjusted at too high of a temperature. When the burner kicks off, the blower should run, until the furnace plenum is cool, and if the Switch OFF is correct, the blower will switch off. If the switch OFF is to high, the blower will switch on again, until the furnace is cooled down. I hope I make sense, I have a hard time explaining things sometimes!>
Is this something i can do cause i am somewhat of a handyman man around the hoise....Where is it located?
message

Call a heating tech to adjust the fan limit switch.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.