furnace and glass block

My contractor informed me that since i'm getting glass block windows I should get a high eff. furnace instead of a mid eff. furnace because of teh lack of ventilation caused by the glass block.

how much truth is there to this. he thinks the lack of ventilation will eventually cause a CO problem.

thanks.

MArk

Reply to
MArk Ronald

Well he is full of shit if it is a basement with air access upstairs, But Everybody should get a high efficiency furnace if they live in zone

7 or north . The energy savings of a 82 vs a 90+ are dramatic.

So where do you live in Fla ? Some south locations dont need but a few days of heat.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

I know it is in someway legal or to Gama codes to burn the same air that you breathe in a home , but for me. In 40 something years in the hvac business I have never installed a gas furnace that will burn the same air you breath in a home for you have the possiblity to have CO problem at anytime the furnace wants to screw up. Most all gas furnaces have shut downs on them that will stop it but there is still the chance of it really screwing up. If you have to install a furnace that burns the same air as you breath. Get you a Closed conbustion fire chamber furnace and use outside air for burning the gas. The Closed conbustion fire chamber furnaces come in 80% afue and 90+% afue gas furnaces. You don't have to buy the 90+% afue furnaces to get the Closed conbustion fire chamber furnaces for the come in both afue rated furnaces.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

i live in buffalo NY