Furnace

Pilot light is on. Burners will ignite. New thermostat. Will not come on still.
Richard wrote:

You mean the fan/blower ? There's a temp sensor in the heat exchanger that turns the fan on/off <assuming your furnace is that old , newer ones are microprocessor controlled> . Looks like a little box with a disc inside and some pointers on the disc . Try rotating that disc , carefully so you don't change the pointer settings . You ARE closing the blower box door aren't you ? There's an interlock switch there too that'll kill the fan .
--
Snag

On 1/27/14 6:53 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Does your furnace have a separate on-auto switch for the fan? Turn it to on to see what happens.
On 01/27/2014 06:44 PM, Richard wrote:

If you were the guy who posted before we all told you ...that was NOT the problem
On Monday, January 27, 2014 8:38:36 PM UTC-5, philo  wrote:

Another post not worth wasting time on because there is no complete description of the problem, actually very little to go on. Amazing how people expect answers when they don't give the most basic info.
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 00:44:01 +0000, Richard

If it is a hot water furnace, you might check the aquastat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquastat
On 1/28/2014 10:53 AM, Lab Lover wrote:

Then it would be a boiler
Furnaces heat air Boilers heat water

Even if there is nothing boiling? ;-)

Izzat what they call the power of positive thinking?
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:37:33 -0600, Dean Hoffman

Well, when we had one, I really didn't want it boiling. 180F, good. >212F *very* bad!