FUNNY - Poor Advertising

I was at the store the other day and they had a basic Skil electric drill marked down from $19.95 to $10.00.
I am not a real fan of Skil tools, but I can always use a spare drill in my shop, and for $10, it's no big expense or loss if it dies.
The box shows a life size photo of the drill, and has arrows pointing to parts of the picture, such as "Reverse lever" "On / Off Trigger", etc.
Anyhow, one arrow on the box points to "3/8" Keyless Chuck"
Lower in the picture it says "Chuck Key Stores in Handle" (with a picture of a Chuck key showing..........
Ummmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If it's a Keyless Chuck, why the f___ does it need a Chuck Key? * OOPS *
The drill works fine, It does have a keyless chuck (no key). I think someone really screwed up on the box, and that is why the price was marked down 50%.
I've shown this to several friends and we have all gotten a good laugh. This is one that Jay Leno needs to get a hold of, and I will be scanning the box and sending the scan.....
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

I've got a nice round plastic holder containing seven small brass and steel pin punches on my workbench.
I bought for a song from a "railroad discount" place because someone (not well versed in the english language) got the labels printed reading....
"7 Piece Pouch Set"
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Maybe the key isn't included?
Bobby The D wrote:

Maybe Chuck needed the key to get into his girl friend's apartment?
As Confucius said:
"Man named Chuck who loses his key to girl friend's apartment may not get new-key."
Jeff (Who couldn't resist that one...)
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

On 26 Jul 2004 14:10:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Bobby The D) wrote:

It isn't. It's just on the picture.
<< The drill works fine, It does have a keyless chuck (no key). I think someone really screwed up on the box, and that is why the price was marked down 50%. >><BR><BR>
I still think the best deal I ever made was on a beatifully bound hardback of "Le Morte Darthur" (sic) which some numbskull had bound backside front. A $59 book for $12. Who knows, now it may be a "rarity" like the upside-down biplane stamp...but it's held up well and I'll never sell it. zemedelec
It's for left-handed readers!

Another funny.
This months WOOD magazine.
Outside, a full page, back cover ad for Titebond III.
Inside, a review of wood glues.
Guess which one placed last among waterproofs?
I'm guessing the good folks at Titebond III didn't necessarily agree with the results <g>.
My other funny packaging is on my freud super dado box which states that the blade set has "high strenght steel plates". Must have been the proofreaders day off.
Joe C. Remove whats obvious to reply