Fun With Rookies

Love to hear more...
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
✖
Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked "what does it look like".
Add pictures here
✖

Isn't it near the assortment of spots for the spotwelder?
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 26, 8:24 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Send the young seaman to the docks to bring back 20 yards of waterline.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖

Let's not forget the need to produce an ID-10-T card...
robin
Add pictures here
✖

Our sys admins actually used that for the admin password.
Add pictures here
✖

There used to be a DOS command switch for a program. I have forgotten the title.
-noidea -noclue
Add pictures here
✖

A tube of relative bearing grease.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:24:51 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Our entire crew got in hot water. "Someone" sent a helper to the tool shack for a "bucket of ohms". (Large job, large trip)
The girl issuing tools' boyfriend happened to be a general foreman. He was propped in the window talking to her when the helper asked. He didn't get the joke. And before everything was said and done, we didn't think it was funny any more either.
Add pictures here
✖

Wanna buy some dehydrated water?
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 26, 9:24 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Boy Scouts:
Left (or Right) Handed Smoke Shifters
A Sky Hook
A cup of propane
The cannon report
The keys to the oar locks
Add pictures here
✖

What's wrong with that? I just bought 1280 cups of propane this afternoon. $.18 per cup.

Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 26, 6:24 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Used to give a metal ruler to the novice and ask that he confirm the distance measurement between the battery terminals.
Or distance between the charged capacitor terminals.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 26, 9:24 am, "Stormin Mormon"

All these are examples of degenerate humor, laughs at someone's expense. Now I appreciate a good practical joke or trick of the new guy, but this kind quickly ends up with degrading and exploitive treatment. The current output of Hollywood, the situational comedy (Sit Com) is the result. I learned (and enjoy) the English style of humor where no-one gets shamed or ridiculed.
John
Add pictures here
✖

In nature, laughter is the sound of triumph. There are various ways to triumph ...over others, over yourself.
However the tripe on American TV [sitcoms, Funniest Videos, etc.] shows NO sensitivity to others, and there in lies their weakness. Plus, no subtletly, which is worse.
For example, the original Tracey Ulman show had NO laugh track and was uproariously funny. For the reruns, some idiot added laugh tracks, which rendered the shows unviewable. ..obnoxious actually. Inappropriate laugh track sounds are distracting. Just as distracting as trying to enjoy a comedian and the idiotic director suddenly shows people in the audience laughing. What do I care about those people?
True. Americans can lack humor, look at the sad attempts to remake successful French comedies.
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/26/11 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

bucket of steam
pound of dial-tone
paper-stretcher
pint of turn-signal blinker fluid
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/26/2011 1:44 PM, Reed wrote:

In the Air Force: a hundred yards of flight line
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/26/11 09:24 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

They sent the new lab assistant to the stores for "half a dozen benzene rings." But he knew more than they had imagined and came back with a bottle of benzene and told them, "Here you are; pick out the ones you want."
Perce
Add pictures here
✖
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Back in the service days we used the send the "cruits" out for boxes of grid squares, there was always the need for some squelch oil and of course the infamous left handed screw drivers!
-Brian
Add pictures here
✖

✖