Fuel exports

Page 1 of 3
"For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel. Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels."
http://news.yahoo.com/first-gas-other-fuels-top-us-export-200739553.html
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bob F wrote:

If you are talking about the Keystone Project, you may want to look a little deeper into your last statement
--
PV

"This sig left intentionally blank"

Add pictures here
βœ–
PV wrote:

Yep. The pres has about 56 days to render a decision. Of course he'll veto the project.
Then the oil industry goes to court, probably in a friendly venue like Texas, where the decision will automatically be in favor of the oil bidness. The government will most certainly appeal. To the Fifth Judicial District. In New Orleans.
The Supremes will most likely decline to hear the case.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I checked. We already have over 55,000 miles of oil and gas pipelines criss-crossing the country. The amount of trouble they've caused in fifty or more years of service ranges from none at all, to "We'll fix that leak someday soon."
As for jobs, well, sure. There's going to be a bunch of them just digging 2,000+ miles of trenches and laying the pipe. But did you stop to think: "Where's the pipe coming from?"
Somebody's got to MAKE the pipe. Assuming it will be made in the steel mills of Pennsylvania, it still has to be TRANSPORTED to the job site.
Imagine each pipe joint is 50' long. That's over 200,000 joints of 12" pipe. If a truck can manage, oh, 50 pieces, that's over 4,000 truck loads going to the excavation site. Even if the pipe comes from China, it still has to get from San Diego to Nebraska.
There's an awful lot of jobs in making and/or moving just the pipe. Then there are compressor stations every couple of miles, access roads alongside the pipeline, inspection points, monitoring stations, and a host of auxiliary items.
It's a big job.
Add pictures here
βœ–
You ever consider that this (crappy economy, and people yelling "do something") is exactly what Zero wants?
My thoughts exactly. Had the pres worried about jobs three years ago, and not about Obamacare...things would be much different for the blue collar man.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks. Glad someone else can see the wind blowing. And, it's a cold wind.

Yes, Why do you ask?
Add pictures here
βœ–
And, have you considered? That maybe tax cuts for the top 1% is exactly what is needed? After all, they are the people who own corporations, and who hire people.
Lets see what real Republicans say: http://www.gop.gov/indepth/jobs
And if one repub ever had a meaningful plan to help the jobs problem (other than tax cuts for the top 1%), we might actually have made progress.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I was a teenager during the liberal Democrat Carter years. I remember stagflation, gas lines, and 14% or so inflation rate.
I entered the job market about the time Reagan came into office.
I started my business during the Republican Reagan prosperity years of the eighties.
I was doing part time jobs during the Clinton years, because of the economy.
I went back to my own job during the Bush II years.
I'm idle during the Democrat Obama recession.
If you missed the jobs, you're not paying attention.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If you had a skill and didn't live in mommy's basement, perhaps you could have found a job when the unemployment rate was ~3%. I suppose that's too much to expect, though.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bob F wrote:

You are correct. Regrettably, the water is still coming over the levee - that is more people are joining the brigade of potential workers due to population growth than are finding jobs. Each month, 220,000 people begin looking for work for the first time with only half to two-thirds being able to find jobs.
In my view, no one is suffering from the Bush recession; they are suffering from the Democratic Congress recession. Heck, the economy was superb during the first six years of the Bush administration.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yeah, that 5% unemployment was really rough. I'm glad we have 22% unemployment, if you factor in all the discouraged people the admin doesn't count. http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts
I have always had great jobs, until I retired. But that's certainly not true of a huge number of people suffering from the Bush recession. Fortunately, it is beginning to turn around finally. Private sector jobs have been grow for months.
Add pictures here
βœ–

(read: "until he was fired")

You're nuts, but everyone here already knew that.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's certainly Obama's plan. Everything he's done has scared job overseas, when he isn't outright subsidizing the exodus.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bob F wrote:

Are you insane? While it's true that the U.S. added 150,000 private-sector jobs in November (the highest number in a long while), the country needs to add 220,000 new jobs per month to keep up with population growth. To brag, for instance, your new sump pump can remove 150,000 gallons per day of water from your basement while 220,000 is pouring in, is a foolish claim. A foolish claim indeed.
And it is more accurate to say "Not like [private sector jobs] were disappearing after the Democrats took control of Congress."
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 1/3/2012 7:12 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Democrats are experts when it comes to The Emperor's New Clothes. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
Your ignorance should be painful. http://hutchison.senate.gov/files/documents/Senate%20Republican%20Jobs%20Plan.pdf You sure appear to be an Obama robot.
And if one repub ever had a meaningful plan to help the jobs problem (other than tax cuts for the top 1%), we might actually have made progress.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Especially since the tax cuts under Bush were a set %age across the board, dropped a full bracket of people off the tax roles entirely, and through changes in who qualified for credits, doubled those who actually got money back.
βœ–
Actually, the economic recovery helped everyone. http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/bushrecord/factsheets/taxrelief.html ==================================President Bush demonstrated that letting people keep more of their own money leads to economic growth. In 2001, America was experiencing the unprecedented triple shock of a recession following the dot-com bust, economic disruption due to the terrorist attacks of September 11, and corporate accounting scandals. Fortunately, the country was able to overcome these challenges, in part because President Bush's tax relief put more money in families' pockets and encouraged businesses to grow and invest. Following the President's 2003 tax relief, the United States had 52 months of uninterrupted job growth, the longest run on record. ================================= After all, the government said so.

And the only class of people that have seen any real increase in income are the rich. The workers have seen nothing.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bob F wrote:

Uh, no. Under Bush, the unemployment rate dropped to 4%. It is now around double that.
And what do you think the rich actually DO with their money? Stuff it in a mattress? Light their Cuban cigars with $100 bills?
The best example of "stick it to the rich" was the "luxury" tax of 10% applied on yachts costing over (as I remember) $500,000 passed during the Clinton years. The ONLY results of this absurd policy were that people wanting to buy yachts bought them in Bermuda and American boat builders went out of business. This, in turn, caused hundreds of craftsmen to lose their jobs.
The rich still got their million-dollar watercraft while skilled workers got the shaft.
Add pictures here
βœ–