Fuel bowl leak

After cleaning my Craftsman (Tecumseh) engine the unit runs well. But it leaks.

I've noticed a distinct leak at the base of the fuel bowl. Over time enough to drain the fuel tank. Wondering where this leak actually originates? The needle valve gasket? (appears fully intact) or somewhere else?

The upper bowl-to-body gasket appears dry.

I know the obvious would be to replace the needle valve gasket. Wondering if I should also be looking somewhere else.

Reply to
Jim

it could be that gasket or a small hole in the fuel bowl.

Reply to
ds549

What cleaning did you do?

That isn't so obvious if there is no leak between the bowl and the body of the carb. Does the bowl have a drain valve?

Reply to
Matt

I've seen some that had a brass washer under the fuel bowl (and also under the head of the metering bolt / orifice). One time I neglected to put the brass washer back, and got just the problem you describe.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Looks like some experimentation on order this coming weekend.

Reply to
Jim

No, just the needle valve.

Reply to