Frustration with Craftsman Belt Sander

I've had this tool for over two decades and never had any issues prior (other than surprise at how much material a belt sander can chew through with each revolution).
I was using it this past weekend on some green wood and instead of creating a mountain of sawdust, it created a pile of sand belts.
I can remember EVER breaking a belt prior. Any ideas on what I'm doing or why they might be separating at the glue-joint?
Many thanks.
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote: ...

First supposition would be age of the belts -- glue eventually fails.
Had similar experience w/ a bunch from Klingspor that had had for several years. Talked w/ one of their engineers who notes the manufacturer of the glue they use only warrants it to them for a year.
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:22:34 -0700, "The Ranger"

A batch of old belts? I had this problem myself with 2 packs of Harbor "Fright" belts that were hanging around the shop a while. I got a pack of new ones from Ace and all is well again
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:22:34 -0700, "The Ranger"

I usually don't sand green wood, but working green wood is very different than dried wood. Allow the plate to cool down every 5-10 minutes. I suspect you have some cheap sanding belts.

As mentioned, different belt supplier/brand? After having it for 2 decades I assume you've checked for a rotation arrow on the belts you are using. Had some cheapos breaking on me then noticed the arrow on the inside of the belt.

At first, that was my original thought but testing the next three belts proved I was setting them correctly.
The most likely, given the experiences provided thus far, is age. I'm guessing these are well past the 24-month life-time warranty (probably well into the 48th) given the receipts I was able to dig up...
<sigh>
Off to purchase a new set and see if that improves my usage.
The Ranger