Front Step Railing is Lose

My mothers front step railing is lose again. (I fixed it about ten years ago) I had to use a lager screw (it is screwed into cement) the last time, so I can not do that again. What can I I use to fill in the hole and then drill it for a new Tapcon?
Thanks Chris
Try to get the existing Tapcons out. Use a masonry drill bit to clear/clean the holes. This next will take a bit of experimenting
Here are some choices: If you can use the next size larger Tapcon, redrill with the correct drill and install.
If the holes are already too wallowed out for the large diameter Tapcons try this: Use either solid copper wire or roll solder (if you use the copper, you can leave the insulation on). One piece in the hole and install new Tapcon. If it is too tight, don't take a chance on breaking off the Tapcon, you may need to drill a slightly larger hole. You can drill the hole out to the point that 2 pieces of coppr wire will fit.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

ChrisGW wrote:

Use a larger Tapcon, clean the hole and fill with epoxy prior to reinserting the Tapcon, or better yet, an expanding bolt such as a Redhead. http://www.itwbrands.com/productparts / prod_redhead_sleeveanchors_part2.htm

Sika Sikadur Anchor Fix #1 or #3
Home Depot carries it (at least in SoCal)
Works in a standard caulking gun, #1cures in minutes, #3 in 24 hrs
the stuff is really strong
Mechanical anchors are faster & easier (if they work) edge distance might be an issue
cheers Bob
Remove the previous tapcon. Drill out as necessary and put in a 1/4" diameter stainless steel hex bolt (head into the cement, with threads sticking up) deep enough to make it into an anchor. Then use some anchoring cement to anchor the stainless steel bolt into the cement. Then a day later, you should be able to bolt the railing (using a stainless steel washer and stainless steel bolt) to the cement.

Id use either cement, or epoxy, or both.
Since this is apparently an ongoing problem, I'd be tempted to drive blackpipe or something into the ground on either side of the stairs, and use standoffs to attach the top of the railing to those.

Glue the tapcon in with JB Weld. Use new tapcons and screws. Problem solved.