Front screen door problem

All of a sudden my metal screen door is 'warped'. It won't close correctly. I hear it rubbing against the concrete saddle. The first thing I checked were the hinges and the screws. They are taut as they should be. Can't figure out why it won't close normally and the rubbing. If it were made of wood..then I would blame it on the humidity...but metal? Any ideas? c
Perhaps you could shim out the lower hinges, if you have enough room along the striker jamb. Tom

Tom has a good plan there. One other thing to check is all of the securement on the edges of the door. Sometimes they will loosen.
Perhaps you could shim out the lower hinges, if you have enough room along the striker jamb. Tom >>>
Sounds logical, but how does one do that on what looks like a piano hinge from top to bottom?
Well, that's different! With a long wedge/shim, installed vertically. Tom
Boothbay wrote:

I once had a front storm that would catch in the wind and fly back open; ripped out the closer a couple of times and likely would bend the hinges and/or door. There was no landscaping for windbreak, so we put up a lattice "fence" as tall as the door at each side of the entry, which solved the problem.

Got any kids around that like to hang on it ? No screen door is really built to support more than the weight of the glass and a bit of screen
You may able to adjust the bottom weatherstripping up a bit. Look for the screws along the bottom edge inside.
AMUN
Try tightening the screws above the top hinge at the corner of the door that pulls the top of the door to the side piece. If they tighten try the other corners too; that's usually what causes that.
: : : Boothbay wrote: : > All of a sudden my metal screen door is 'warped'. It won't close : > correctly. I hear it rubbing against the concrete saddle. The first : > thing I checked were the hinges and the screws. They are taut as they : > should be. Can't figure out why it won't close normally and the : > rubbing. If it were made of wood..then I would blame it on the : > humidity...but metal? Any ideas? : > c : > : : I once had a front storm that would catch in the wind and fly back open; : ripped out the closer a couple of times and likely would bend the hinges : and/or door. There was no landscaping for windbreak, so we put up a : lattice "fence" as tall as the door at each side of the entry, which : solved the problem. :

I'm not sure what you mean by concrete saddle, but under certain conditions, a concrete step or block can rise a bit. Just like the frost heaves you see in the road after the winter.

My parents had the same problem. They can't close the door all the way. I noticed I have that problem a bit now,too. It seems to appear when we have rainy weather. We both have aluminum doors, but the frame/house is wood. At least I can close my door.