front loader washing machine Door

Page 2 of 2

Where air can escape, so can water.
On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:51:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

This is not a ne3w concept. People usually left their top loaders open until they dried out too. Otherwise drum life was going to be pretty short

Most top loaders do not have seals on the lids. I just looked at mine, and there is a slot several inches wide that I can see into the tub area. While it will not dry as fast as if the top is open, it should dry.
On 3/20/2015 2:51 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Does not have to. Gravity keep water in the drum. A vent on the top allows for air and the water will not escape. Your toilet tank and bowl are not airtight, yer the floor is still dry.

the toilet doesn't rotate in use. The washer does. Centrifugal force, dontchaknow.
On 3/26/2015 1:40 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

So? Have you watched how they operate? No need to make it water tight on the top half.
The dryer door, on the other hand, should always be left closed, IMO.
Some people type IMHO. They are usually people who should type IMAO. My opinion is neither humble nor arrogant, it just is, so I write IMO.
I have noticed that when the family leaves our dryer door open in the winter, cold air flows in from the vent into the house. So I stay after them to keep the door closed.
On 3/26/2015 10:28 PM, TimR wrote:

Perhaps you should check our outside vent door too. I can't say it is at all noticeable on my dryer. None of the vents are perfect, but it does not take much to keep one from closing properly.
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 7:28:37 PM UTC-7, TimR wrote:

well, my dryer has a Light that stays on, when the door is open
so leaving my dryer door open all the time is a no no
marc

Yes, they have a tendency to spin rapidly. Very rapidly, in order to use centrifugal force to drive the water from the the items being washed.
message writes:

You mean, of course, centrifugal _reaction_ not force. There is no such thing as centrifugal FORCE... my pet peeve in life, btw. I stomp it every time I hear that term. ;>)}
On 3/30/2015 10:24 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

AC/R guys don't like the expression of making things cold. Some people say there is no such thing as cold.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:28:54 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Ain't no suction either according to my physics instructor.

Under pressure, I'm sure he'd agre: that blows.
On 3/30/2015 12:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

When I went out this morning there sure was an absence of heat.
On 3/30/2015 2:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

New York sure was absence of heat, also.
Yah, friend, that really absence of pressures.

Obviously the drum is not watertight or the clothes would never dry out. It has to go someplace.

She and I have had long discussions about this, while waiting for your father to come home. We have decided that it's best for the children not to know why.