Frogs in septic tank

This is weird but true: We have these little grey/green frogs climbing into the house through the toilets. I've had the septic line to the tank checked and there are no breaks so I'm pretty sure they aren't coming in that way. How do I get rid of them? If I shock the tank won't that also kill off the 'good' organisms? Any suggestions are appreciated...

Reply to
Brian

Assuming this is a legit question...... The frogs could be coming in through the roof plumbing vents. Try covering the vent pipes on the roof with some screening.

Reply to
Ed J

Are you sure they're coming in from the toilet and not going there searching for water? Sorry for the next comment, Brian . . .

but I find it all too "ribbeting!"

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I find it more likely that they are coming down the stack from the roof. That's the way the squirrel got in the pipe and then came up through the toilet when it was flushed!! My next door neighbor's wife was sitting on the throne at the time, Most horrible sound you've ever heard!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Or at least thats what the squirrel said.

Randy

RSMEINER

Then why do they put them in half baths?

Reply to
Brad