frog in toilet

Odd I imagine, but when I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and lifted the lid, a large, 4-5" red spotted frog (guessing Cuban tree frog) was looking back at me. Go ahead and laugh, I still am. I stood there stunned for a few moments, then tried to scoop it out with a glass candle holder. Before I could, it swam back through the hole. I'm guessing it came in through the pipe that goes through the roof, as we've seen them in those pipes before, hanging out Kilroy style. So, toilets haven't been used since, and frog hasn't popped back up yet. Should I wait and see if it does and try to catch it again? Assume it's down in the septic tank now? Can it get back up into the vent pipe if that's how it got in? FWIW, this is central FL, and in a remarkable cold snap right now. I guess it got in to warm up. I'm confident it came in through the toilet, somehow, but how I don't know. We'll hold it for now, hoping we can somehow rescue the poor thing. Any tips welcome, teasing and laughing understood.
--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

There is one on video ( Maximum Exposure ), same situation only this frog was in a vent pipe in a block wall. The fire department chips out the cinder block, then carefully cut the pipe. They got a laugh when they saw it was a frog. You can probably find the video online at http://www.maximumexp.com /
Art wrote:

i saw that on tv... dont know if it was the same case or a different one, but they tore apart quite a bit to get to it. sure as hell sounded like a cat, but it was indeed a frog.
randy

You need a screen over that vent or your next visitor could be a roof rat. (the source of most rat in the toity stories) 1/2" hardware cloth works fine.
So many of these questionable posts read like bad e-mail jokes.

used
does
it
Alrighty then, seems most think this is already or I'm inventing some urban legend. However, the frog in the toilet is fact. OK, I know that means nothing to anyone here. I thought one of my kids forgot to flush, then the mess moved and that freaked me out a bit. If it happens to anyone else here, I'll believe you. Anyway, frog has not returned, toilets have been flushed multiple times. I wonder how long it will be before I can sit without fully inspecting the bowl first.
Thanks for those that generously took the chance that I'm not a nut looking for attention, and suggested the screening over the vent tubes. Our roof still needs replacing from hurricane damage, so maybe we'll get the tubes replaced with those that have the built in cover, but in the mean time we'll be zip cording some screening over the tubes. The mention of a rat really skeeves.
--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email
You don't have top get too fancy with the screens. An 18" square of 1/2" hardware cloth will stay there if you fold it up carefully, wear gloves. A 3' square from the hardware store makes 4. Mine survived Charley, Frances and Jeane. BTW the roof rat (rattus rattus) thing is real. I have lots of citrus and we had our bout with the rats. The real problem is, if one gets in, he will eat a hole to get out, then his buddies will come and go until you find and patch the hole.

frog)
candle
in
Can
poor
urban
the
looking
we'll
You have me all freak out now and I have to go take a crap.
Thanks a lot
Did the frog go rib it rib it rib it?

there
it
them
been
it
in
how
been
roof
tubes
really
Melissa wrote:

If you do, you'll be the first woman on the planet who looks at the toilet before sitting.
Why do you think men take so much grief for not putting down the seat? Because the women back up before looking and fall in.
Melissa wrote:

That might just be a prince. Try kissing it.
there.