Frigiddaire 50 pint dehumidifier question

I have this unit. It works fine, but the settings on it are 50, 60, 70% and continuous. I read a review on this unit a while back where a person plugged the unit into an external dehumidistat and put the dehumidifier on continuous setting. He said the external dehumidistat settings ranged from

20% to 80%. He said the external unit did a good job of controlling the dehumidifier. I would like to be able to get my Frigidaire down to 20 to 40% when needed. I have my woodshop in my basement and on real humid and rainy days I want to set it to a lower level. I don't want my saw table top or other tools to be in danger of rusting. My question is, do any of you know where I can buy an external unit? Thanks for your help.
Reply to
Dave

50% is low enough, on continous would it even have the capacity to lower it more, if it does why not just use it on continous
Reply to
ransley

If it does not rust at 50% on a normal day, it won't rust at 50% on a rainy day. At a given temperature, 50% is still 50%. The unit may work more often to maintain though.

Use Top Cote on the cast iron anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Humidity doesn't hurt you. You're just wasting energy and producing more C02.

Reply to
"Blattus Slaf

That's good if I'm producing more CO2, the plants in my house can use it, that way they'll produce more O2 for my family to breath. I don't believe any of the crap the Al Gore-ite's are spewing out.

Reply to
Dave