Frigidaire Refer Too Warm

About a month ago I worked on a water drip in the top of my top mount Frigidaire refer. Seems the defrost water drips/blows down into the refer compartment.
Ever since then the refer compartment is too warm. The unit runs fine, makes ice, freezer unit is plenty cold, but it will only run for maybe 5 minutes at a time, then shuts off, only to start again in a few minutes.
I see the thermostat unit is $61. I can't afford to just throw procey parts at it. Unit is 2 years old but warranty doesn't cover squat after 1 year.
Ideas please!
Dave wrote:

--
My Conclusion: 9/11 could and should have been prevented, however,
our appointed "Commander In Chief" did nothing to prevent an attack

What did you fix/change/ or otherwise make different? The freezer working proves the refrigeration system is working. There is usually a little fan circulating air between compartments. Is it working? Is the air blocked at any point? Did you move or remove any insulation or partitions?
Refrigerator here with the freezer on top froze well but milk, cola and butter temps suddenly seemed not cold enough. $3 at the hardware store for a cool go/no-go marked little refrigerator thermostat proved it was too warm - and the freezer a tad warm too. Rearranging the row of two liter soda pop bottles on the top fridge shelf fixed it instantly - two bottles had rolled sideways and to the rear out of normal sight and those two bottles impeded the flow of the cold freezer air from circulating down to the below refer properly.
Think our Florida refer is spelled with two E's

Clogged drain. Bad evap fan. bad defrost timer.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus