Frigidaire Range Lock Stuck with door open

I have a Frigidaire Electric Range FEF365BGWC. It came with the house two years ago and we were told it was two years old then. (So its 4yo.)

While cooking today, after one hour at 375 degrees I opened the door to check the food. I closed the door and left the kitchen. Nobody else is in the house.

When I returned 30 minutes later to give another stir, I noticed the temperature was much cooler. Checking the display, the bake light was out and the time of day was displayed. Also the LOCK light was blinking green.

I checked the lock and, with the door open, the lock latch was in the locked position, preventing the door from shutting.

Pressing any cooking button on the control panel shows a "dr" on the display (presumably meaning the door is open/broken).

The oven has completely cooled now, but the lock is still stuck.

I've cut the power at the breaker, several times, for up to 30 minutes, but the lock stays stuck.

Is the motor/solenoid shot?

Can I buy a new oven now?

:O: wd

Reply to
MoonsOfJupiter

Hi,

It may be possible to push the door switch yourself ( see upper left side of the oven opening ) and have someone else set and then cancal the self clean mode to see if the lock will then go back to it's normal unlocked position for regular cooking. Sometimes that switch is just the oven light switch and there is another self clean door switch is *hidden* on the right side hinge ( behind the side panal ).

The lock assembly may be bad yes.

Door lock/latch motor assembly w/2 switches.

Sure, why not ;)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks! Yes, holding the light button in while pressing clean and waiting unlocked the latch.

:O: wd

Reply to
MoonsOfJupiter

Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with it :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

replying to MoonsOfJupiter, OVENMAN wrote: it worked YYYAAAAAA

Reply to
OVENMAN

Frigidaire electric pro series RANGE 17 yrs old. door opened after i held lock down for 3 seconds. Now the door will not close 7 BEEPER remains beeping

Reply to
marySSue

the lock bar is in the center of the range facing. not on the left. non pf the functions r working

Reply to
marySSue

the light function is a switch on the facing of the oven opening. not a button on the computer. i do not need to clean. i need to now close the door

Reply to
marySSue

My car is in the driveway with the engine running and it is getting dark out.

Reply to
Thomas

For full context, visit homemoanershub.com/stupidshits/we-have-no-clue-how-to-post

Reply to
Marilyn Manson