frigidaire 'pro' series fridge - replacing a broken switch part? access?

wife and I have a frigidaire pro series model FRS26ZSE side by side - I'm having a world of trouble figuring this deal out - don't know how to remove (without possibly breaking) a trim plate that's covering a "dummy switch" slider on top of the "actual real" crushed/cubes/cold water switch...I tried pulling that small rectangular panel toward me, but it seems pretty dang tight there, so it -could- be screwed to the fridge front from BEHIND, inside the door internals <?> or?
please take a look at my small site covering this dilemma - the photos there will make clear what the problem IS exactly. thanks very much for your help :-)
http://members.cox.net/machines/index2.html

That is only part of a model number. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

I'm afraid I've never worked on that design so can't tell you how to go about it. You can see an exploded view for those models at the following link. (I don't know if they'll help though)
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?psm=FRS26ZSE
The broken part looks to be item # 12 in the "Ice & Water Dispenser" breakdown at the above link which you can see an actual photo of at the link below. I couldn't even identify the trim piece you're trying to remove in the exploded view. Sorry
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rcE2268
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Frigidaire+fridge
=~~~~~~
Look at your "Photo 2", you will see 2 screws at the bottom of the dispenser (normally hidden by the drip tray) - remove these and the whole dispenser front should come out.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (bill yohler) wrote in message

Hi,
That is part of the full model#.

Still may break it....this pulls off towards you.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&NE2437 Cover-module - picture
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&NE0882 Label-module cover - no picture
Examples in case it does break, cover and label are seperate parts on most of these.
We have the same fridge and hate it..Darn thing cost a fortune and the water/ice/dispenser system has been repaired three times and the inside of the freezer door has been replaced under warrenty..I would never buy another one of these..They sure are handsome units but don't seem to be built very well..Good luck, I know your pain! John

of these.

Frigidaire's slogan is (or used to be not too long ago) "The *look* of better performance".
Maybe they should have concentrated their efforts on the *performance* of better performance?
JMO
Dan O.