Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer Thump Noise

Need some help. Getting a thump noise and a rub at a certain point during a revolution in the tub area when I manually rotate/spin the washer myself. During regular wash it is noticiable and much louder during spin as well as causing the machine to seem to be out of balance. Just bought the apt and now this. Can you help with some possible causes? Thanks for your time.
Need some help. Getting a thump noise and a rub at a certain point during a revolution in the tub area when I manually rotate/spin the washer myself. During regular wash it is noticiable and much louder during spin as well as causing the machine to seem to be out of balance. Just bought the apt and now this. Can you help with some possible causes? Thanks for your time.
sauce wrote:

Hi,
Model#?
Something between the tanks, something in one of the drum baffles/vanes, drum bearing is shot, wash drum support is cracked....these are some common trouble makers.
The Model is: FWT449GFS2 03/00 Frigidaire Gallery 8 cycles

Thanks Jeff. here is the Model: FWT449GFS2 03/00 Frigidaire Gallery 8 cycles
How much or how difficult is it for one to repair if it is a bearing problem vs. a drum support (supports seem oK)
Thanks Steve
Hi,

Same....have a peek....
http://www.applianceaid.com/417_Frigidaire_washer.html
dr_sorbi had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Frigidaire-Gallery-Front-Load-Washer-Thump-Noise-32135-.htm : I was wondering how to put the baffle into my Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer without disassembling the spinning drum basket? dr sorbi ------------------------------------- Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 349116 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##