Frigidaire dryer heating element replacement; what's the trick?

Has a heating element burn out on me in a Frigidaire Gallery dryer. It was straightforward to replace it. I needed to pull the drum forward to get to the heating element behind it, so I removed the three screws (#10-ish) at the back of the drum to do so. But when I was ready to put the drum back, it took me and a helper almost an hour to get the drum lined up so those three screws could be captured in the holes. That job was hard with two people and would have been impossible with one. You have to laboriously walk the drum around to line up the holes for the screws. The drum has no locating pins, which seems kinda insane if that's an accepted repair strategy. We finally got one screw in, and that made it easier to find the other two.

OK, so what's the trick? I mean, if I call a person out to do the job, they can't be messing around for an hour with a second person to get that drum reattached.

I guess I could have affixed the screws in the drum with tape, and blindly walked the drum around until they seated, but that's not a lot better.They aren't pointed screws.

Reply to
Doug

I had a similar if not the same problem. I laid the dryer on it's back and by myself easily aligned everything.

Reply to
Tony

That makes some sense. I guess that way you don't need a second person. Still, why would they not have included a locating pin???

Reply to
Doug