Frigedaire RD-71-64 question

I have an old Frigidaire double oven, model RD-71-64 that I believe is from the late 50's, but I am not sure when that model came out and can't find much on it with Google. Recently, a burner sparked and there was a loud electrical noise, and then the breaker blew. We smelled something, and when we opened the right oven door there was smoke, and it looks like a small section of the heater coil melted, presumably due to some short or arc that caused intense heat. It has worked fine ever since that incident, but I might look at replacing the damaged burner coil.

Does anyone know where I can get parts for this model? Does that coil come out in a plug like newer electric ovens (i.e., is it user serviceable?) I was afraid to pull too hard for fear of damaging it. Does anyone happen to know what year it is?

Thanks,

-Lewis

Reply to
lewis.pennock

As an update, we did some testing with a thermometer, and the right oven has trouble keeping temperature. When it was set to 450 it had trouble getting up above 350 or so according to a thermometer placed inside, and it always seemed to be a few steps behind the thermostat, so perhaps the coil does indeed need replacing.

Reply to
lewis.pennock