Frig trouble

Friday when I left to go on a trip I took some stuff out of freezer of frig in garage BUT upon return Tues PM found freezer door half open (bottle shifted and door opened?) and much defrosted.Frig will turn on but no cold air comes out.I now have frig off and plan to uncover panel to check fan.Is this the most likely first step?
--
Thanks
Hank

I would check to see if the vents or drain are plugged. Kate
Friday when I left to go on a trip I took some stuff out of freezer of frig in garage BUT upon return Tues PM found freezer door half open (bottle shifted and door opened?) and much defrosted.Frig will turn on but no cold air comes out.I now have frig off and plan to uncover panel to check fan.Is this the most likely first step?
--
Thanks
Hank

While you are in there, take either a vacuum with a pointy attachment, or a compressed air gun and blow out all the gook. That needs to be done every six months, but no one does it.
Steve

Spawns a new question. I've seen in stores where they have a looooong thin brush that will fit between the coil layers and attaches to your vacuum. Looked like a good idea. Anyone ever use one?

I would just let it thaw out, and not go looking for trouble by taking the fridge apart. Since the freezer was still running all that time, warm air got in .... ice formed that clogs the vents. When the ice melts it will be back to normal.