Friedrich C-90A Air Cleaner

Hi. We have had some discussion here over the past few days about air purifiers. To anyone who has the Friedrich C-90A, does yours make loud "popping" sounds every now and then? If so, why does that happen? Mine makes those sounds occasionally, but I can't seem to figure out a pattern to it. Does that mean it's sparking or "arcing"? Is it dangerous?

Reply to
Chemqueries

All electronic air cleaners will have that arcing sound.

That's just their trait.

I personally like the media filters better.

-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>

Reply to
kjpro

When you say "electronic air cleaners," do you mean air cleaners with electrostatic filters? I have a Bionaire that does not make that sound.

Reply to
Chemqueries

The electronic "electrostatic" air filters use high voltages to catch the dust. If a large chunk of dust hits the filter, it may arc, causing the "pop". It is normal, and not a problem.

Bob

about air

make loud

happen? Mine makes

pattern to it. Does

Reply to
Bob

dust. If a large chunk of dust hits the filter, it may

Thank you for your help!

Reply to
Chemqueries

I use it in spring to filter indoor air. I don't recall hearing any unusual sound. But I was not paying attention anyway (even though I used it at night in my bedroom).

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

== Also see here: