fridgeraire fridge

my 4 year old fridgeraire fridge seems to be running 24/7. i have the temp controls set at factory settings . is it normal for the fan to be spinning away all day? i am speaking of the external fan.
thanks, cj

There is a fan that keeps the air circulating that may run continuously. The compressor in the bottom of the unit should not run more than 10 - 20% of the time once everything is cool stabilized.

Newer efficent friges run more than older units ive been told , a Kill- A-Watt meter would tell you if electric consumption is near spec of the energy star tag you saved, if not www.EnergyStar.gov does have new model ratings that might be near to yours.
The external fan runs at the same time as the compressor. With that little information, I'd want to clean the condensor, and might be low freon.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus