Fridge won't fit, need to cut back countertop

Page 2 of 2

Remove 1/2 inch drywall and replace with 1/4 inch drywall..Tape , prime and paint..DONE...HTH...

I used a router when I had to do the same to fit in a drop in range.The new range was an RCH wider than the old. I fastened down a straight edge with hot melt glue to use as a guide. This did an excellent job, the finished edge looked factory. Sounds like you could just use clamps instead of the hot glue.
Jimmie
Jimmie
JIMMIE wrote the following:

Wouldn't a Blond CH be thinner?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

How much extra do you need when the door opens, have you actualy tried it and measured it, measure everything 10x this time, you dony know how to measure.

Double check your ruler against some others!!!!<G>

Any way to move the whole run of countertop over? Or is it glued down, or trapped by a wall on the far end? If you haven't loaded and powered up the fridge yet, I'd return it for a narrower one. If they delivered, and it would not fit in the hole, I would have returned before I signed the delivery ticket, even if I had to eat a restock fee.
--
aem sends...

I didn't read every reply so maybe someone already suggested this. What I would do and have done is simply cut off a half inch to an inch of the existing counter top with an electric jigsaw so you have enough room for the fridge. It won't be a very straight cut. If that bothers you get a small piece of wood to use as a piece of trim and glue it down on the top with the edge nearly butting up against the side of the fridge. Or you can drill a couple holes and screw it down to the counter top edge. Sand and finish the wood before you install it so it looks similar to the cabinets and no one will be the wiser.